Tuesday 25 October 2011

Flight Reading

In almost 16 and a half hours I will be boarding a plane to take me to a Mediterranean island for a couple of days.  Should be exciting and I'm sure I will be too busy having adventures on the island to be doing a lot of reading.  If I was going to be there longer I'd be planning some time on the beach with a book!

I've decided that since my baggage allowance is pitiful - one bag weighing no more than 10 kilos - that I won't be bringing New York with me.  I'll be opting for a) a thinner therefore lighter book or b) something that's already in my iBooks app.  Yet there is absolutely no lack of reading material in my iBooks, somewhere around 1,500 ebooks which seems staggering but I'm sure a lot of them aren't very good.  Just a shame I'm not an Agatha Christie fan!  Then again you never know.  Maybe I should start one of her books on my 3 and a half hour flight and see how it goes (I did see Mousetrap at King's Theatre in London this year and loved it so who knows).

I'm aware that I'm probably asking a question into empty cyber-space but I'd love to know how others (you, the potential reader of my ramblings) pick their holiday reads?

No comments:

Post a Comment